Vegan Meatball Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Rotini Pasta with a roasted red pepper sauce and homemade-from-scratch vegan meatballs is bound to be a new favorite plant-based weeknight dinner. Hearty, delicious, and packed full of protein.
Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 8 oz Modern Table Rotini Pasta
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1.5 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water up to 1 cup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice cooked and cooled
- 1 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup almonds slivered
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the pasta
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
For the vegan meatballs
- In a food processor combine the vegan meatballs ingredients: brown rice, chickpeas, slivered almonds, and spices. Pulse until slivered almonds are chopped up and mixture is broken down but not completely pureed/smooth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in pan over medium/high heat. Add meatballs in single layer and cook until browned on all sides. Set aside.
For the roasted red pepper sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pot/pan. Add onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add roasted red peppers, smoked paprika and salt. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk, and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Bring to a boil and simmer for a couple minutes. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender. Add nutritional yeast and mix. Add more reserved pasta water if needed until desired consistency is reached.
For the Pasta bowls
- Mix the pasta with the roasted red pepper sauce. Divide among 4 bowls and top with a few vegan meatballs. Garnish with parsley and sliced almonds.
Recipe credit: Avocado Pesto.