Vegan + Gluten Free Mushroom Stroganoff Pasta
This delish dairy-free sauce is made using a cashew cream base, mushrooms, and a select few spices for a gluten-free dinner that can be enjoyed by vegans and flexitarians alike!
- 1 box Modern Table Rotini
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight or for at least 2 hours
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- squeeze of half a lemon
- fresh chopped parsley, chopped
- Soak cashews overnight in water (or for at least 2 hours).
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes, or until translucent, then add in the mushrooms and garlic. Sauté for another 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add the wine, tomato paste, thyme, salt and pepper and turn the heat up to high. Let the wine reduce by about half.
- While the wine is reducing, boil some water for your pasta and prepare according to package.
- Drain your soaked cashews and blend with 1 cup of vegetable broth in a high speed blender for 1-5 minutes (depending on strength of blender). You want the cashew mixture to be very smooth.
- Pour the cashew mixture into the sauce and stir. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened as desired.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain, and add it to the sauce. Toss to coat, then serve with some freshly chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice!
Recipe credit: Pumpkin & Peanut Butter.
Shop now for our Lentil Rotini Pasta.