Vegan Butternut Squash Penne
This creamy, dairy-free roasted butternut squash pasta sauce is made with roasted butternut squash, garlic, and onion. MMMmmm! It's also packed with complete protein and vegan-friendly!
- 2 boxes Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 1 5lb butternut squash cut in half, and scoop out seeds
- 2 medium sweet onions
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable Broth
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Cut squash in half and de-seed
- Sprinkle with all 5 spices
- Bake for 30 mins at 375.
- Peel garlic, and onion (cut onion in half) and set aside.
- At the 30 minute mark, add onion and garlic to the baking sheet.
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until squash is fork-tender. If your squash requires more time, remove onion and garlic at the 30 minute mark and set aside.
- Once squash is done, allow to cool and then peel the skin off.
- Prepare Modern Table Penne Pasta according to instructions on the box.
- Add the squash chunks to a blender along with the vegetable broth and onion + garlic.
- Puree for about 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour over drained pasta.
- Optional - sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, or fried sage.
- To fry sage, add sprigs to a heated pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and cook for 1 min on each side.
- Enjoy warm! Add extra sauce to mason jars — keep for up to one week in the fridge.
Recipe credit: Sizzling Eats.
Shop now for our Complete Protein Lentil Penne.