Your traditional Bolognese with all the added plant-based benefits.
Buy the Noodles
- 1 box of Modern Table Lentil Penne
- Vegan Butter, 2 tbsp
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Plant based ground beef, 12 ounces
- Tomato Paste, 1/2 cup
- Red wine, dry, 3/4 cup
- Bay Leaf, 1
- Vegetable Stock, 2 cups
- Vegan Milk, 1/4 cup
- Parsley, chopped, 4 tbsp
- Your clutch cheese, 4 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter. Add onions, carrots and celery. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute
- Add plant-based meat. Stir frequently and break meat into smaller chunks. Cook until brown and cooked through out.
- Add tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute
- Add red wine, heat to a boil. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pot. Cook until the raw alcohol smell is cooked off. About 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf and vegetable stock. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and hot sauce. Simmer until it is thickened, about 30 minutes
- Add milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaf and discard
- Prepare Modern Table Penne per package instructions
- Divide cooked pasta on to four plates. Top each plate of pasta with a quarter of the meat sauce.
- Garnish each plate with a TBSP of parsley and a TBSP of cheese