Sweet & Spicy Mushroom Stir Fry
Loaded with complete protein and tasty veggies, here's a recipe that's sweet, spicy, and oh-so savory. The Japanese word for this flavor combination is umami, but we like to call it U-gimme.
Buy the Noodles
- 1 Box Lentil Spiral Pasta
- 3 – 4 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chili powder or paste
- 1 cup frozen or garden-fresh peas
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts or sesame seeds
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare pasta according to instructions on box. When finished, drain but do not rinse.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat oil on medium-medium-high, sauté mushrooms, peas and onions until softened (5-10 minutes).
- Add 3 tbsp maple syrup, chili powder, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add pasta, toss until combined and coated.
- Top with cilantro and sesame seeds or roasted peanuts, serve immediately.