Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Italian Sausage
Keep the spirit of summer alive this winter with this warm & spicy sun-dried tomato recipe.
- Two 8 oz. boxes of Modern Table Spirals
- One 8 oz. jar sun dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large handfuls roughly chopped spinach
- 3-4 Italian sausages
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan (optional)
- Cook sausages as desired (grill or boil stove top). When fully cooked, slice into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Boil water, then cook pasta as directed according to package.
- As pasta cooks, combine sun-dried tomatoes (including oil), oregano, garlic, red pepper, black pepper, cayenne and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse for 5 seconds at a time until a thick sauce-like consistency. Adjust to your liking--if you prefer more chunks of tomatoes, do not break down as much.
- After pasta is cooked, drain water, toss with spinach to wilt. Then add sun-dried tomato mixture and sausages and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan if desired.
Recipe credit to Lemons + Zest.