Savory Mushroom Vegan Mac
This sauce is 👏 everything 👏 It's smooth, savory, and creamy, then tossed with fresh greens and crispy portobello mushrooms. We like to add a little heat with a sriracha drizzle, but that's up to you 😉
- 1 butternut squash, roasted
- Handful of cashews
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp miso
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Olive oil
Buy the Noodles
- 1 box of Modern Table Lentil Elbow Noodles
- 1/2 cup sautéed spinach
- Sriracha to taste
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1/4 cup portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut butternut squash into small cubes, then toss with olive oil in a large bowl. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet, and roast in oven for 25 minutes.
- While butternut squash is roasting, slice mushrooms and sauté in olive oil over medium heat until moisture is cooked out and they're slightly browned (about 10-15 minutes), adding salt to taste. When there's 5 minutes remaining, toss in chopped kale to get it slightly crispy.
- While mushrooms and kale are cooking, prepare Modern Table Elbows according to instructions on the box.
- Put the roasted butternut squash, cashews, salt, miso, nutritional yeast and white wine vinegar into a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Mix up with sautéed mushrooms, kale and Modern Table pasta.
- Top with sriracha and scallions.
Recipe credit: @theveganroadie.