Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake
This vegetable pasta bake is so hearty, no one will even care that it’s meatless. Flavorful roasted vegetables and protein packed lentil pasta are tossed in a rich pesto marinara sauce and baked with a topping of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. This gluten free vegetarian casserole is sure to become a favorite.
- 8 ounces Modern Table Penne Pasta
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion
- 8 baby bella mushrooms aka crimini mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves unpeeled
- spray olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, but drain 5 minutes early. Noodles will continue cooking in the casserole.
- Chop your vegetables to slightly smaller than bite sized pieces and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Leave garlic cloves whole in their peel. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast vegetables at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes, until tender and lightly caramelized.
- Mix roasted vegetables with cooked pasta in a large bowl.
- Add marinara sauce and pesto sauce to pasta and vegetables. Mix well.
- Mix in two cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the mix into a baking dish.
- Top vegetable pasta bake with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 450 degrees F. Casserole is done when cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving for a pop of color.
Recipe credit: Eating Richly.
Shop now for our Lentil Penne Pasta.