Roasted Summer Squash Pasta Salad
Ready for a quick meal option that is full of fresh produce AND packed with protein? This gluten-free Grilled Veggie Penne is both nutritious and delicious — and easy on the eyes too!
- 1 (8 oz) box of Modern Table Penne
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 pint of smaller tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Buy the Noodles
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (pressed)
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Start off by prepping produce: slice up zucchini, squash and onion.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, squash, onion and tomatoes. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over top and toss to coat. Then season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Grill vegetables, or use oven's broiler to broil until veggies are lightly charred and tender.
- Remove veggies from grill/oven and allow to slightly cool.
- While vegetables cook and cool: cook pasta according to package instructions, and make vinaigrette.
- For vinaigrette, place all dressing ingredients into a jar with lid. Cover jar and shake vigorously until fully combined.
- Once everything is done, combine pasta and veggies. Pour about 1/3 of the dressing over top of the pasta and gently stir to coat.
- Serve immediately with additional dressing on side, or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Recipe credit: Lunches and Littles.