Poblano & Mushroom Lentil Noodle Pozole Verde
A vibrant blend of traditional Mexican flavors plus complete protein pasta that's perfect for drizzly days spent in the comfort of home. Eat it straight out of the bowl with a spoon, or scoop it up with some tortilla chips for a more festive approach!
Buy the Noodles
- Modern Table Lentil Elbow noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Small yellow onion, minced
- 2 poblano peppers, minced, seeds removed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 16 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 24 ounces salsa verde
- 1 cup water
- 4-5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 14-ounce cans white hominy
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Quéso fresco or vegan cheese
- Cilantro, lime juice, and chips for serving
- Prepare Modern Table Elbow noodles as directed by package.
- While pasta cooks, heat the olive oil over medium high heat in dutch oven.
- Add the onions; sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms; sauté for 10-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are deep brown. Add a little more oil as necessary.
- Add the salsa verde, water, 3 cups broth, and hominy.
- Simmer about 15 minutes, then add drained Modern Table Elbow noodles. Add additional broth if needed.
- Serve with cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, crumbled queso fresco, and your choice of tortilla chips!
Shop now for our Complete Protein Lentil Elbows.