Penne Pasta with Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
If you're less about pumpkin spice lattes and more about savory, feel-good, hearty pumpkin recipes that complement the healthy lifestyle you've been living this year, this pumpkin penne is right up your alley.
Buy the Noodles
- 2 8-oz Box Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 chili peppers, finely diced
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reserved water from cooking pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add carrots; saute 3 minutes. Add peppers; cook another 2 minutes. Add garlic and onions; cook until translucent and soft. Add chickpeas; saute briefly to warm. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Place halved tomatoes on baking sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt. Roast in oven for 15 minutes until tomatoes blister and begin to peel. Remove from oven. Set aside.
- While tomatoes are roasting, fill a large stockpot with water and heat to boiling. When water boils, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, heat pumpkin, half and half, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper over low heat, stirring frequently. When heated through, stir in sauteed veggies. Stir in pasta water, then Parmesan cheese. Add basil and tomatoes.
- To serve, spoon pumpkin sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with reserved basil.
Recipe credit: Eat Move Make.
Shop now for our Lentil Rotini Pasta.