Pea Pesto Mac & Cheese
Packed with 17 grams of complete protein, this recipe is easy for a quick and healthy weeknight meal. Just add the simple pea pesto for a bright and fresh dish!
Buy the Noodles
- 1 package Modern Table Three Cheese Lentil Penne
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 1 packed cup Basil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Golden Pea Shoots, for garnish
- Micro Arugula, for garnish
- Cook Modern Table Three Cheese Lentil Penne according to the directions on the package.
- Drain well, return pasta to the pot, and stir in butter, milk and cheese sauce until combined. Let stand for 2 minutes while you make the pea pesto.
- Add peas, basil, garlic, kosher salt, and lemon juice to your food processor. Pulse a few times until everything is coarsely chopped.
- While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until the pesto is smooth. Scrape the sides with a spatula and pulse to make sure everything gets incorporated.
- Spoon pea pesto on top of mac and cheese. Garnish with pea shoots and micro arugula. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe credit: Dash of Savory.
Shop now for our Three Cheese Mac & Cheese!