Pasta Salad On Greens (with Avocado)
This delicious pasta salad combines the complete protein of our lentil pasta with nutrient-powered greens, as well as those healthy fats that have made avocados so popular. It's the ultimate taste-good, feel-good meal!
- 1 Box of Modern Table lentil elbows
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, diced or thin-sliced strips
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- Salad greens - spring mix
Buy the Noodles
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 red chili peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey (vegans, replace with agave nectar or real maple syrup)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Prepare Modern Table Lentil Elbows according to instructions on box, let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, avocado, and cooled pasta.
- In a food processor or blender, combine vinegar, chili peppers, honey and a pinch of salt. Mix while slowly adding olive oil until fully blended.
- Pour dressing over pasta salad mixture, stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving—longer for more flavor.
- Serve on top of a heaping mound of your favorite mixed greens. Add extra avocado if that’s your thing.
You're going to need some noodles before you get started! Shop now for our Lentil Elbow Pasta Meal Kit.