Mac n’ Cheese Poppers
Jalapeno poppers stuffed with Cheddar Vegan Mac and cheese wrapped in portabella 'bacon'
Buy the Noodles
- 1 box Cheddar Style Modern Table Vegan Mac
- Vegan Butter, 2 TBSP
- Vegan Milk, 1/3 cup
- Olive oil, 2 TBSP
- Portobello Mushrooms, large, stems removed, cut into ¼ inch slices 4 each
- Vegan cheddar cheese, 1 cup [or Mozzarella]
- Jalapenos, large, 24 each
- Salt and Pepper as needed
- 1. Preheat Oven to 400°F
- 2. Toss portobello slices in olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly over a large baking sheet
- 3. Bake in oven until soft, about 7 minutes. Remove and set aside
- 4. Prepare Cheddar Style Vegan Mac per package instructions.
- 5. Add cheddar cheese to vegan mac and cheese. Mix well
- 6. Prepare Jalapenos for stuffing by cutting a wedge out of one side of the jalapeno and scooping out the seeds. See picture below.
- 7. Stuff each jalapeno with the mac and cheese. [Top with mozarella or favorite cheese]
- 8. Place 2 slices of mushrooms on each jalapeno and secure using a toothpick.
- 9. Spread stuffed jalapenos out evenly on a large baking dish.
- 10. Bake in oven until soft and skin of jalapenos is slightly blistering. About 25 minutes