Lentil Penne with Shiitake Bacon and Cherry Tomatoes
Savory, simple, and delicious. We recommend making the shiitake bacon recipe for the week to top on salads, pasta and sandwiches — that savory crunch is SO satisfying.
- 1 box Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 16 oz. Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 8 oz. Cremini or Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Tamari
- 8 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box.
- In a skillet add olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, pinch of sugar, sea salt and Italian seasoning.
- Sauté until the garlic is golden brown and the tomatoes release their juices (about 6 minutes), stirring often.
- Add button mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes more, before removing from heat.
- Add fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Heat your oven at 375 degrees
- Cut the stems of the shiitakes and slice them thinly.
- Whisk oil and tamari in a bowl, then put shiitakes in the tamari mix bowl to coat well.
- Bake them in a parchment paper lined sheet tray for 15-20 minutes, stirring mushrooms every 5 minutes until crispy and golden.
- In a large bowl, add the Complete Protein Lentil Penne, sauce, and mushrooms together and garnish with basil.
Recipe credit: @plantbasedchef
Shop now for our Complete Protein Penne Pasta!