Kale & Marinara Penne Skillet
Get your spice cabinet ready! This flavor-packed dinner bursts to life with a fresh and unique taste that will keep your fork busy. Loaded with plant nutrition and complete proteins, it keeps your body strong and your conscience clean.
Buy the Noodles
- ½ Box Lentil Penne Pasta (about 1 cup dry pasta)
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh kale leaves, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup purified water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh mint leaves - to garnish
- In a cast-iron skillet heat the olive oil; add onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for two or three minutes, until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, basil, salt and vinegar, mix to combine and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the lentil pasta according to instructions. Within five minutes before they are ready, add the kale leaves.
- Drain the pasta and kale, add to the skillet with the sauce, add the hemp, pine nuts and nutritional yeast and mix to combine.
- Divide into serving bowls, garnish with mint leaves and serve warm.
Shop now for our Lentil Penne Pasta.