Kale & Apple Pasta Salad
Crisp, vibrant, and full of flavor—this salad pairs our complete protein-packed pasta with a bright and zesty dressing, giving you the perfect pasta salad for those warm weather dinners.
- 1 Box Lentil Spiral Pasta
- 1 very large bunch of kale
- 1 medium Honeycrisp apple
- 1 medium bulb of fennel
- Romano, Parmesan, or vegan cheese wedge
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or chopped pecans
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Several twists of freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare Modern Table Spirals per package instructions; drain; set aside
- To prepare the kale: Remove the tough ribs from the kale, discard ribs. Chop kale leaves into small, bite-sized pieces. Transfer to large salad bowl. Sprinkle pinch of sea salt over kale and massage the leaves with your hands by lightly scrunching big handfuls at a time, until the leaves are darker in color and fragrant.
- To prepare the remaining salad ingredients: Chop the apple into small pieces. Slice the fennel as thin as possible (use a mandolin if available, if not a chef’s knife will work just fine). Transfer apple and fennel to the salad bowl. Use a fork to crumble the goat cheese over the salad. Roughly chop the cranberries and add them to the bowl.
- Toast pepitas In a skillet over medium-low heat, tossing frequently, until fragrant, about 3 to 6 minutes. Transfer the pepitas to a bowl to cool.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well blended.
- To prepare the salad: Add the cooled pasta and pepitas to the bowl. Drizzle dressing over the salad, just enough to lightly coat the kale once tossed. Toss the salad well. For best flavor, let the salad rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Shop now for our Lentil Spiral Pasta.