Southwest Vegan Mac & Cheese Waffles
These waffles are just crazy enough to work, and will surprise yet satisfy with a savory crunch. Tip: Make a couple of batches at a time and refrigerate for a quick, high protein snack or breakfast the next day. You can also serve with a soft boiled egg for even more protein.
Buy the Noodles
- 1 box of Modern Table Southwest Vegan Mac
- 1 egg
- 1/2 – 1 cup plant-based shredded cheddar "cheese"
- 2 tablespoons of plant-based "butter"
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Waffle Iron
- Cooking spray
- Make Vegan Mac as directed on box and leave in the pan
- Crack the egg and whisk with a fork until scrambled
- Add the raw egg and shredded "cheese" to the finished pasta, mix until the egg is no longer visible
- Put the pasta mixture in the fridge for at least 30 min
- Heat waffle iron and add a spritz of cooking spray to both sides
- Put mixture onto waffle iron covering the entire surface, close
- Cook until both sides are crispy