Indian Chicken Spinach Pasta
This Chicken Spinach Pasta is effortless to make, full of flavor, and ready to dish up in about 30 minutes.
Buy the Noodles
- 8 ounces Modern Table Spiral Pasta
- 4 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb chicken, chopped into cubes (or desired size)
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- sliced lime wedges (for garnish)
- Boil 4 quarts water in large pot. Add salt, if desired. [see note]
- Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium-high (to minimize foaming).
- Cook 8-9 minutes, stirring occasionally. For more tender pasta, boil an additional minute.
- While the pasta cooks, start making the sauce. Add 2 tablespoons of oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat. As the oil heats up, add the chopped onions and garlic saute them for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and fry them for about a minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients – tomatoes, salt, garam masala, chili powder, coconut milk, and mix well. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Drain the pasta. Add the strained pasta and mix it in.
- Add the spinach and mix well and stir it till the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Just before serving, add a dash of lime juice and mix well.
Recipe credit: Simmer to Slimmer.