Herb Chicken Pasta Bake
This simple and delicious recipe brings the power of our complete protein lentil pasta to a healthy, easy weeknight dinner full of flavor and herbs!
- 2 packages (16oz) of Modern Table Penne Pasta
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. thyme, fresh
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose flour Optional: Gluten Free Flour
- 1 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley roughly chopped
- salt and pepper - 1/4 tsp. each
- 3 cloves garlic, fresh chopped
- Parmesan, grated garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and cook shell pasta according to package.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Season chicken, in a medium bowl, on both sides with salt, pepper, 1 Tbsp. rosemary and 1 Tbsp. thyme. Heat the olive oil and fresh garlic over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken, to the hot oil and cook for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Add mushrooms to skillet and turn heat to medium-high; cook stirring occasionally for 4 minutes. Mushrooms should begin to sweat. Add flour to skillet, stirring to coat. Stir in chicken broth, wine, and mustard. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, ~5 minutes.
- In a Pyrex or oven safe casserole dish, combine cooked pasta, cubed chicken, remaining herbs and mushroom sauce into the dish and mix well. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes, and enjoy!
Recipe credit: Krolls Korner.
Shop now for our Complete Protein Penne Pasta!