Gluten-free Chicken Marsala Pasta
This gluten-free chicken marsala pasta feels indulgent without actually being indulgent! It's packed with layers of flavors from earthy portobello mushrooms, rich sauce and hearty chicken bites.
Buy the Noodles
- 2 boxes Modern Table Penne
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1/4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 8oz packs of baby portobellos, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 chicken broth
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- Pour olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken on all sides with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. If you can’t find thinly sliced chicken, you can buy chicken breasts and butterfly them then pound them until thin!
- Once your cast-iron skillet is hot, add in your chicken. Cook for 5 minutes then flip and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and let cool.
- In a large pot of water until boiling, add in 2 teaspoons of sea salt and Modern Table Protein Penne Pasta. Return to a soft boil and cook for 11-13 minutes or until tender.
- In your cast-iron skillet that you cooked the chicken in, return to medium-high heat and add in mushrooms, shallot, marsala and chicken stock to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, take some of the liquid from the pan and mix it together with the tapioca flour until smooth. Add back into the pan and simmer for a few more minutes. If your sauce seizes up, you can always add 1/4 cup more marsala and chicken stock.
- Once the chicken is cool. cut into bite-sized pieces and mix back into the pan.
- Right when your pasta is done, drain and immediately toss pasta into the pan and thoroughly coat with the sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe credit: Plaid & Paleo.