Freedom Burger (Vegetarian)
Meat-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free. This delicious, backyard-worthy lentil pasta burger breaks all the rules, making it perfect for your next barbecue. Be prepared to share the recipe!
- 1 Box Lentil Elbows; chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato ⅔ cup cooked
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup coconut (or almond) flour
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil, to cook
- 4x burger buns, gluten-free
- Red onion slices, to top
- Salad greens of your choice, to top
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Coconut flour
- To make the spread, stir tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and coconut (or almond) flour together until evenly combined
- To make the burgers, peel the sweet potato and add to boiling water for 7-9 minutes
- Mash softened sweet potatoes to yield about 2 heaped cups; cool to handle.
- While potato is boiling, cook Modern Table Lentil Pasta per package instructions, then drain and cool to handle.
- Place noodles and mashed potato, egg, flour and spices in medium bowl and use your hands to thoroughly combine the mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a thin layer of olive oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the salt to the burger mixture and stir through.
- Scoop out a quarter of the mixture at a time, shape into a patty with your hands, and place into the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes a side, or until deep golden and crisp.
- To assemble a burger, spread the tahini generously onto the bun, add a sweet potato patty and top with greens and red onion.