Earthy-Veggie Pasta Salad with Lentils
Ethiopian spices make this down-to-earth recipe a delicious way to expand your palate. Loaded with vegetables and protein, it's perfect for a hearty dinner or lunch!
Buy the Noodles
- 1 8 oz Box Modern Table Rotini
- 1 14 oz can Fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ C chopped carrots
- ½ C chopped celery
- ½ C chopped onion
- 1 C cooked lentils
- 6 oz fresh mushrooms
- 8 oz fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp berbere spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Quarter the mushrooms and the Brussels sprouts and add to a mixing bowl with carrots, onions, garlic, and celery and mix.
- Toss with olive oil and berbere spice and spread over baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- Heat the tomatoes in a large skillet and remove half of them and place on large serving platter.
- Add to remaining tomatoes, vegetables, lentils and pasta and toss together.
- Pour over the top of tomatoes and serve.
Thanks to Superman Cooks for the recipe!