Creamy Vegan Pasta with Peas and Mint
The bright flavors of fresh mint and lemon infuse this creamy vegan pasta sauce, complete with fresh peas and a dairy-free "parmesan" dusting for the final touch.
For the Pasta
- 1 (8 oz) package Modern Table spirals pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced (~3 tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup almond milk, unflavored and unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the Vegan Parmesan
- 2/3 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add water to medium saucepan and add a generous amount of salt. Bring to a boil and add 1 package Modern Table pasta. Cook for 5 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet. Add shallots and cook 1 minute. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the milk and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Mix together water and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir into the skillet with the almond milk and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Turn the heat to low and add the peas and cooked pasta. Stir well to coat pasta in sauce.
- Remove from heat and add the mint, parsley, lemon juice, zest salt, and pepper.
- To make the parmesan, add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it resembles bread crumbs.
- To serve, divide pasta into bowls and top with vegan parmesan.
Recipe credit: Dietitian Debbie.
Shop now for our Lentil Spirals Pasta.