Creamy Tomato Pasta (Dairy-Free)
Cold weather = cozy recipes. This creamy tomato pasta is literally everything you could ask for in a dinner. It’s creamy and savory, and it has just the right amount of spices.
Buy the Noodles
- 1 box of Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- One 24-oz jar of pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions. After the pasta is done cooking, save 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In a saucepan, or skillet with high sides, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and 2 of the garlic cloves. Saute over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the jar of pasta sauce, followed by the basil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, place the raw cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic clove, and 1/2 cup pasta water in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Then stir the cashew cream into the pasta sauce, followed by the spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let the sauce sit for about 10 minutes and then serve.
Recipe credit: @livelymeals.