Chili-Roasted Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese
This vegetarian Chili-Roasted Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese recipe is warm and hearty. It’s a unique comfort food recipe that combines cheesy, spicy, and sweet all in one delicious meal!
Chili-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
Baked Mac and Cheese
Buy the Noodles
- 16 ounces Modern Table Lentil Elbows
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (can use dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 6 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces grated white cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and set a medium pot filled with 8 quarts of water over high heat to boil.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes and olive oil to a medium bowl and toss until well coated.
- Pour the sweet potatoes out onto a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the chili powder onto the sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Add the Modern Table Elbows pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook until al dente, about 6-7 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet (oven proof if you have one) over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in the flour until well combined and smooth.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly so that the mixture stays smooth.
- Add the salt, pepper, and mustard powder and continuing cooking, mixing frequently, until thickened to the point you can draw a line through it with a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gently fold in the cooked pasta.
- Place the sweet potatoes and skillet (or casserole dish, if your skillet isn't oven-proof) into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- To serve, top the mac and cheese with the chili roasted sweet potatoes.
Recipe credit: Delicious Little Bites.
Shop now for our Complete Protein Lentil Elbows.