Chili Mac ‘n’ Cheese Casserole
This quick and easy-to-make one pan dish is full of flavor with a creamy, cheesy top. It's packed with protein and it's great to feed a crowd during football season, too!
Buy the Noodles
- 2 boxes of Modern Table Lentil Elbows
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15 oz
- 1/4 cup canned jalapeños (optional, to add more heat)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese or mozzarella
- Season ground beef with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, onion, garlic and oregano. Heat oil in a large skillet. Crumble ground beef into the skillet. Cook and stir constantly until browned for 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cheese packets from the Modern Table Mac and Cheese box. (Add other vegetables or jalapeños if you are using any. I did not).Stir.
- For the pasta:
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 5 minutes. Drain. Add to the beef and tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet with beef. Stir to incorporate. Sprinkle with cheese on tops.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
Recipe credit: Cooking LSL.
Shop now for our Lentil Elbow Pasta.