Creamy Jalapeño Popper Soup (Dairy-Free)
Cozy up by the fire with this comforting and hearty Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Soup — a pasta-perfect cold weather warm up that's dairy-free!
- 1 box of Modern Table White Cheddar Style Vegan Mac
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeño peppers, minced (leave out ribs and seeds if you don't like it too spicy)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 3½ cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cups almond milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- pinch of cumin
- 4 oz. plant-based cream cheese (we like Kite Hill)
Buy the Noodles
- "bacon" crumbles
- extra "cheese"
- slices of jalapeño
- chopped chives
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the bell pepper and onion, cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the jalapeño peppers and the minced garlic, cook for 1 additional minute. Stir in the corn and cauliflower, cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium, whisk in the chicken broth and milk and cook until the mixture begins to simmer. Add the seasonings and continue simmering for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add about half of the soup to a high-powered blender and puree until smooth. You may have to do this in batches. Add the pureed soup back to the pot with the rest of the chunky soup.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk vigorously until incorporated. Add the noodles and white cheddar packet from the Modern Table package. Simmer soup until the noodles are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add a splash or two of water if the soup is looking too thick.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
Recipe credit: My Modern Cookery.
Shop now for our White Cheddar Mac & Cheese.