Balsamic Fruit & Lentil Penne Spinach Salad
Brighten up your day with this vegetarian, vitamin-rich recipe packed with complete protein from our Lentil Penne Pasta. Fresh strawberries and blood orange create a sweet and tart medley when tossed in this delicious balsamic vinaigrette dressing — all on a bed of tasty leafy greens!
- 3/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp. dried basil
- 1 1/2 Tbs. dijon mustard
Buy the Noodles
- 1 Box Modern Table Lentil Penne
- Baby spinach (about 3 handfuls, washed)
- Baby arugula (about 1 handful, washed)
- 1/2 Cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, quartered
- 1 Blood orange, pealed, sliced & skinned
- Feta cheese crumbles (optional—vegans can use tofu feta)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, dijon mustard, and two pinches of salt and pepper
- Prepare 1 Box Modern Table Lentil Penne according to instructions on packaging and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add spinach, arugula, sliced onion, quartered strawberries, blood orange and cooled penne pasta.
- Mix the salad, adding a light drizzle of dressing until all ingredients are lightly coated in dressing.
- Top with 1/2 cup feta or vegan tofu feta.
- Place mixture into a serving bowl and enjoy!
Shop now for our Lentil Penne Pasta.